Erectile Dysfunction (ED) also known as male impotence is a male sexual dysfunction which causes trouble in achieving or maintaining an erection. It can occur either due to physiological or psychological or both health issues. No doubt, ED is not a serious health disorder, but it can be a signal to other serious health diseases.
Erectile Dysfunction is a disease linked to blood flow. An erection occurs when corpus cavernosa (penile tissues) is filled with blood on sexual stimulation. Once a man is sexually aroused, the brain passes a signal that increases bloodstream to penis and eventually develop an erection. Improper blood flow is the core reason of Erectile Dysfunction.
Well, now the question is, how Erectile Dysfunction is an early health warning sign? Since Erectile Dysfunction is a blood flow disease, other serious health diseases connected to it can also occur. What are other serious health diseases Erectile Dysfunction signals?
Health Diseases Erectile Dysfunction Signals
There are some serious health diseases linked to Erectile Dysfunction. Of course, blood flow is core of these diseases too, let’s discuss them and their effective treatments.
Heart disease happens due to poor blood flow and because it is the same issue with Erectile Dysfunction, it is considered a warning sign. Poor blood flow can develop heart pump disease. In initial days, it can affect blood pressure and erection, but later on, disease can start worsening. Since there are medication and surgery options available, one can get it treated.
Clogged blood vessels (atherosclerosis)
This disease is closely related to Erectile Dysfunction as clogged blood vessels make it tough for blood to flow frequently throughout the body. And, eventually affecting one’s erection. Well, it is not all atherosclerosis does, the disease affects body functioning as it gets worse. Though, medications are available for this disease already so you can assure yourself for an effective treatment.
This disease is all about a condition of increased blood pressure, insulin, excess body fat and low cholesterol. This disease does not only lead to erection dysfunction and cause these above mentioned diseases as well.
Increased blood pressure also known as hypertension is one of the major causes affecting one’s erection. The good part is, its several mediational treatment options are available.
Due to improper blood flow to penis, sometimes scar tissues start developing in the penis. This disease is a result of infrequent blood flow to penis. There are some effective medications and surgical treatments out there available for Peyronie’s treatment.
Well, you must have a question in mind, how is it related to erection issues? Peyronie’s happen due to infrequent bloodstream to penis . Any starting with some effective medication that helps regulate blood will help. Moreover, surgeries can also be helpful on the other hand.
Believe it or not, bloodstream can affect erection and overall health on the other hand too. Diabetes is however linked to psychological health too. Since diabetes can affect bloodstream, considering its available treatments is important which can work for disease.
These are some health issues that may happen if you have erectile dysfunction problem. However there are several other diseases like obesity, high cholesterol and sleep disorders out there which are in some way related to Erectile Dysfunction problem.
Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction
Since Erectile Dysfunction has been a very common sexual health issue nowadays, there are a number of medications naturally and some other treatments have been available.
It is obvious that Erectile Dysfunction is in some way linked to other blood flow related issues we already discussed. Whether Erectile Dysfunction treatments will help prevent other diseases or not? Let’s find out.
Like it is very clear that one would prefer medications over other treatments because it assures the results. It is not that other treatments do not work, medications have always been recommended. Well, let’s discuss some good medications that help.
- Sildenafil: It is the first Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved drug for ED treatment. Since Erectile Dysfunction is a blood flow disorder, this over-the-counter drug helps by increasing blood flow to penile tissues (corpus cavernosa). Sildenafil is sold under brand name Viagra which is available in Viagra 50mg, 100mg, 120mg, 150mg and 200mg dosages. A dose can last upto 4-6 hours depending on the individual’s health. One should settle on a dosage as per the doctor’s recommendation. There are some generic drugs such as Cenforce, Fildena and Super P-force which contain sildenafil. These drugs can be used as Viagra alternatives.
- Tadalafil: It is another FDA approved Erectile Dysfunction medication which is sold under the brand name Cialis. Like Viagra, it is also available in Cialis 5mg, 20mg, 40mg and 60mg doses. However Tadalafil has the same working mechanism as Viagra, it is known for its long-lasting effectiveness up to 36 hours. It is also called ‘The Weekend Pill’ for its long-lasting trait. There are generic drugs Vidalista and Tadacip available for Cialis as well.
- Vardenafil: It is one of the FDA approved Erectile Dysfunction drugs out there. It is comparatively a more effective drug than other ones. Being sold under brand name Levitra, this drug is available in Levitra 10mg, 20mg, 40mg, 60mg dosages and its dose can last up to 4-6 hours. Levitra is often taken as an effective Viagra alternative.
These are some good medications which are approved by the Food and Drug Administration for Erectile Dysfunction treatment. Since there are natural treatments available as well, let’s have a glance at them too.
Not only is medication the way to treat Erectile Dysfunction, there are some common lifestyle changes that might help boost erectile health. Since Erectile Dysfunction affects both physiological and psychological health, natural treatments might help better treat both. Let’s discuss some good lifestyle changes which really help!
- Exercising: Before explaining why you should exercise for better erectile health, it is good to explain what makes it work. Cardiovascular health is one of the major factors linked to blood circulation. Better cardio health may lead to better erections as it helps regulate blood flow. And, exercising is a great way to boost cardio health. Regular exercise can have a huge positive impact on erection. Well, yoga is worth a try too. Moreover, Kegel exercise is a must try as it is well-known for its positive response on erections.
- Healthy Diet: Healthy diet plays a vital role not only improving sexual but overall health. Good food intake helps regulate blood flow and eventually improve the erection. Better diet rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and other nutrients can really help.
- Meditation: Because Erectile Dysfunction is in some way affected by psychological health too, meditation may help as an effective treatment. Meditation promotes mind relaxation by dropping stress and anxiety.
- Avoid Smoking and Alcohol: Smoking and Alcohol can manipulate the senses which leads to improper sexual arousal hence poor erection. On the other hand, smoking and alcohol can damage blood vessels which also have a poor effect on erectile health.
These are some good lifestyle changes that might help you not only to get better erection but drive good overall health. We are not done yet. There are some other treatments as well that may be helpful. Let’s keep going on!
If you have tried both mediational and natural treatments and they have not worked for you, it is good to some other treatment options which help. Since there are some treatments left that can help with erectile health, let’s point them down!
- Penis Pumps: It is a vacuum device that is actually a hollow tube. It is put over penis and works for erection by sucking air out of the pump and eventually pulls blood flow to penis. Once erection is achieved, a ring is set around the base of penis to keep the erection.
- Penile Implants: It is quite a complicated treatment. Penile implant is a surgical approach that involves placement of inflatable or malleable rods to control erection.
Well, it is always suggested to rely on medications for ED treatment and if they do not work for you, then consider these other treatments. These treatments should be avoided if your ED can be treated with medication and natural treatments.
There is no doubt that Erectile Dysfunction is an early health warning sign. There are a number of diseases that are linked to ED. Well, you can prevent Erectile Dysfunction and other linked diseases too. We have put some mediational, natural and some other treatments that can lead to better erectile health.
Hope the post helped! Do not forget to share and comment down your views below.